Skip to content
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE: Open to any individual, age 13 or older. If you are under the age of 18, your submissions must be submitted by a legal parent or guardian.
- HOW TO ENTER: You may enter up to THREE photos per category for the contest from June 3rd through June 1, 2024 by following the entry instructions on this website. By submitting your entry, you acknowledge that you have read and complied with and agree to be bound by these official rules.
- SUBMISSIONS: We are doing this to build community spirit; please only submit photos which support these goals. Each photo must meet the following criteria: (a) must be shot by the entrant, (b) must be taken in the Apopka area; (c) may not be digitally enhanced (other than minor adjustments such as sharpening, contrast, toning, slight color adjustment or conversion to grayscale). Photos should be submitted in JPEG format under 5MB.
*For any photo in which a person is recognizable, entrant must, at sponsors request, identify such person and provide a model release from the subject or his or her parent or guardian. Likewise, for any photo that depicts another person’s copyrightable work (e.g., sculpture, statue, painting, etc.) entrant must, at hosts request, identify the owner of such work and provide an art release (in a form provided by Sponsor) from the rights holder or his or her parent or guardian. If the entrant is unable to provide all required releases, the host in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify the entry, seek to secure the required releases, or permit the entry to remain in the contest.
Photos that contain political, sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent, or other objectionable or inappropriate content, or that may violate another party’s rights, including copyrights, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, are ineligible.
Upon hosts request, entrants must disclose the circumstances under which an image was captured as well as any instructions given to a subject. The welfare of a subject and its environment must be placed ahead of the desire to capture a photograph. By entering the contest, entrants certify that subjects were treated with respect and dignity, and that no people, wildlife or the environment were harmed in creating a photograph.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS; REPRESENTATIONS: You retain your rights (including copyrights) to your photos; however, by entering the contest, you grant the host a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any purpose relating to, incidental to, publicizing or promoting this contest or its entries or results, websites or services, regardless of whether or not your entry is selected as a winner.
By submitting any entry materials, you represent and warrant that you are the sole creator and copyright owner of any submitted photo, that such photo is original in its entirety and that you have all necessary rights to submit such photo hereunder, and that such photo contains no matter that is obscene, libelous, unlawful in content or violative of the rights of any third party, including without limitation the copyrights of any third party.
- VOTING: A committee appointed by the host will review all entries for eligibility and appropriateness in their sole discretion.
- PRIZES: There will be THREE winners for EACH category. 1st place for each category will be $1,000, 2nd place for each category will be $500, and 3rd place for each category will be a free copy of the final published book highlighting the photo submissions of contest.
- ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION: We may require additional documentation, materials, releases or affidavits from any entrant or potential winner, at any time in its sole discretion, as a condition of including the entry in this contest. If such entrant or potential winner does not respond or fails to provide any such documentation or other materials when and as requested by the host, such winner may, in host’s sole discretion, be disqualified. Contest host will not be required to publish entry materials of winner or any other entrant.
- RELEASE: By submitting any entry and/or receipt of any prize, all entrants, including winners, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless host and its respective, affiliates, agencies, committees, suppliers, distributors and advertising/promotion partners, and each such entity’s officers, directors, employees, volunteers and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, violation of intellectual property rights or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the contest, publication of any entry materials or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Host reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the contest, or any part of it if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond host’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the contest, as determined by host in its sole discretion. Host reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Host’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.